The Center for Material Culture Studies is pleased to offer several sources of funding for the University of Delaware’s graduate students. All grant applications with biannual deadlines are due on October 15 and March 15 of each academic year. Those with only one application deadline will specify deadline dates on their respective pages. In the drop-down tabs you will find information regarding the following funding opportunities:
- The CMCS Graduate Research Travel Fund
- The CMCS Graduate Research Presentation Fund
- The CMCS Graduate Research Publication Subvention Fund
- Collections-Based Seminar or Workshop
- The Finkel Fund
- The Friends of Rockwood Fund
In addition to these funding opportunities which require full applications–details for each in respective links–the Center is pleased to offer funding to subsidize field trips with a MC component (involving visits to collections, fieldwork). These awards, up to $500, are reserved for graduate students of the University of Delaware. Awards are on an ad hoc basis and interested parties can send requests to email@example.com. In accepting a grant the awardee allows CMCS to use any original materials they submit (such as a report and images) for promotional purposes, which could include posting to the website.
- Funding caps: doctoral students are eligible to receive a maximum of $3500 in CMCS awards (excluding DELPHI fellowships) over the duration of their degree programs; masters students are eligible to receive a maximum of $2000 in CMCS awards (excluding DELPHI fellowships) over the duration of their degree programs.
- Acceptance of CMCS awards: awardees are responsible for checking and confirming their eligibility to accept and hold a CMCS award free of conflict, and concurrently with, any other department, program, or university awards.