Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is eligible to apply for a DELPHI fellowship?
A: Any graduate student, Masters or Doctoral, at University of Delaware is welcome to apply.
Q: Can I receive a DELPHI award while receiving other funding in the summer?
A: DELPHI award recepients cannot be paid for work or participate in paid internships during the summer. This does not prevent you from accepting local or national travel awards.
Q: When will I hear about the status of my application for a Delphi award or other grant application?
A: Award decisions are usually made about three weeks after an award deadline.
Q: What factors does CMCS take into consideration when evaluating DELPHI award applications?
A: CMCS considers a number of factors:
–All applications should be clearly written and well-argued.
–For all applications, the depth and degree of material culture content. More material culture content is favored.
–All applications must describe a feasible public engagement component, whether speculative or precisely articulated
–All applicants must be able to attend the entire two-week workshop
–Preference is given to advanced students. However, you must remain enrolled as a full-time student for the following fall semester.
Q: Are there other conditions for accepting a DELPHI award?
A: Yes, please read the following carefully:
1) You agree to attend the institute in its entirety.
2) You agree to provide CMCS with a brief description of your project and an image for our website.
3) You agree to present at the OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute in Wilmington the Spring following your summer institute.
4) You agree to develop and execute a public engagement project over the following year. DELPHI faculty will work with you to develop the project.
5) You agree to file a brief report with CMCS at the completion of your public engagement project, and no later than September 1st of the following year.