The Center for Material Culture Studies is pleased to offer several sources of funding for eligible University of Delaware graduate students. Applications are due November 1 and March 15.
- The CMCS Graduate Research Fund in Black and African American Material Culture Studies
- The CMCS Graduate Research Presentation Fund
- The CMCS Graduate Research Publication Subvention Fund
- Collections-Based Seminar or Workshop
- The Finkel Fund (only March 15 deadline)
- The Friends of Rockwood Fund
- The CMCS Graduate Research Travel Fund
In accepting a grant the awardee allows CMCS to use any original materials they submit (such as a report and images) for promotional purposes, which could include posting to the website.
- Funding caps: doctoral students are eligible to receive a maximum of $3500 in CMCS awards (excluding DELPHI fellowships) over the duration of their degree programs; masters students are eligible to receive a maximum of $2000 in CMCS awards (excluding DELPHI fellowships) over the duration of their degree programs.
- Acceptance of CMCS awards: awardees are responsible for checking and confirming their eligibility to accept and hold a CMCS award free of conflict, and concurrently with, any other department, program, or university awards.