The Center for Material Culture Studies is pleased to offer several sources of funding the University of Delaware’s graduate students and faculty pursuing research related to material culture studies. Learn more about each funding opportunity below:
- The CMCS Graduate Research Travel Fund
- The CMCS Graduate Research Presentation Fund
- The CMCS Graduate Research Publication Subvention Fund
- The CMCS Faculty Research Publication Subvention Fund
- CMCS Undergraduate Summer Scholar
- Collections-Based Seminar or Workshop
- The Finkel Fund
- The Friends of Rockwood Fund
In addition to these funding opportunities which require full applications–details for each in respective links–the Center is please to offer funding to subsidize field trips with a MC component (involving visits to collections, fieldwork). These awards, up to $500, are reserved for undergraduate and graduate students of the University of Delaware. Awards are on an ad hoc basis and interested parties can send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Banner images courtesy of Winterthur Museum Collection Digital Database: 1964.1699 Figures; Needlework picture. Worked by Mary King, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; 1754. Silk on silk. Height: 18 ¼” (46.36 cm) Width: 24 1/8” (61.28 cm). 1966.978; 1952.0277 Glass flask.