Are you thinking about pursuing a career in the public humanities? Looking to learn tips for navigating postgrad life outside or adjacent to the Academy? Want to meet History Department alumni? Interested in a free meal?
This workshop will feature five History Department alumni who have gone on to work in a variety of fields. Each speaker will present on their professional trajectory, the responsibilities of their current position, and what they’ve learned along the way. This will be followed by an informal conversation between students and speakers on how to craft a sustainable career in the public humanities.
Workshop Agenda & Speakers:
- An introduction from Dr. Kasey Grier on the History Department’s long record of producing public historians
- John Rumm (Hagley, ‘89) Executive Director of Nemours Estate
- Emily Ruby (Hagley, ’06) Curator, Heinz History Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jennifer Lee Moses (History, ‘12) Manager of Civic Training Programs, The National September 11 Memorial Museum, NY
- Dan Claro (AmCiv, ‘13) Digital Learning Lab Manager, Educational and Classroom Technologies, Princeton University
- Stephanie Lampkin (History, ‘16) Museum Collections Manager, Science History Institute, Philadelphia
When: Saturday, March 3rd 10:00am -4:30pm
Where: History Dept. Conference Rm., Munroe Hall
*Light breakfast, coffee break, and catered lunch included
RSVP REQUIRED! Contact Erica Lome at firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 23rd to reserve your spot