DELPHI Fellowship Application
The 2019 Delaware Public Humanities Institute will take place May 28th – June 7th. Please be aware applicants must be available to attend all institute dates/times. Institute seminars and activities run for the full day, Monday-Friday. Lunch is provided.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 15, 2019
To apply for a DELPHI Fellowship:
- Please read “About the Delaware Public Humanities Institute” prior to submitting your application.
- Please send the following materials to email@example.com, with the email subject heading “DELPHI Application, Your Name“:
- Cover letter of no more than 400 words summarizing how your MA or PhD project: 1) incorporates material culture studies in approach or content and 2) the potential significance of your project for the larger public
- 300-word statement describing your research plan for the summer. Please include any other time commitments you plan for summer, such as internships or travel.
- One-page curriculum vitae. Be sure CV includes accurate contact information.
- Letters of Recommendation: 1) From an advisor recommending your project and 2) From you department graduate director attesting to your current status in your program. These two-letters must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the recommender. Advise faculty to type “DELPHI Letter of Recommendation, Applicant Name” in the email subject heading to assure proper receipt.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. You may direct any further questions or concerns to Directors Martin Brückner (email@example.com) or Sandy Isenstadt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Please be advised that accepting a DELPHI Fellowship award requires the following program requirements be met:
-You agree to attend the institute in its entirety.
-You agree to provide CMCS with a brief description of your project and an image for our website.
-You agree to present at the OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute in Wilmington the Spring following your summer institute.
-You agree to develop and execute a public engagement project over the following year. DELPHI faculty will work with you to develop the project.
-You agree to file a brief report with CMCS at the completion of your public engagement project, no later than September 1st of the following year.