DELPHI Fellowship Application
The 2024 Delaware Public Humanities Institute will take place from Tuesday, May 28 through Friday, June 7. Please be aware applicants must be available to attend all institute dates/times. Institute seminars and activities run for the full day, Monday-Friday.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 15, 2024
To apply for a DELPHI Fellowship:
- Please read “About the Delaware Public Humanities Institute” prior to submitting your application.
- Please send the following materials to email@example.com, with the email subject heading “DELPHI Application, Your Name“:
- Cover letter of no more than 400 words summarizing how your MA or PhD project: 1) incorporates material culture studies in approach or content and 2) the potential significance of your project for the larger public
- 300-word statement describing your research plan for the summer (i.e. archives you plan to visit, field work, research and/or writing goals, etc.).
- One-page curriculum vitae. Be sure CV includes accurate contact information.
- Letter of Recommendation from your advisor recommending your project and specifying your current status in your degree program. This letter must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the recommender. Advise faculty to type “DELPHI Letter of Recommendation, Applicant Name” in the email subject heading to assure proper receipt.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. You may direct any further questions or concerns to Sarah Wassermann (email@example.com) or Laura Helton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Please be advised that accepting a DELPHI Fellowship award requires the following program requirements be met:
- You agree to attend the institute in its entirety.
- You agree to provide CMCS with a brief description of your project and an image for our website.
- You agree to present at the OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute in Wilmington the Spring following your summer institute.
- You agree to develop and execute a public engagement project over the following year. DELPHI faculty will work with you to develop the project.
- You agree to file a brief report with CMCS at the completion of your public engagement project, no later than September 1st of the following year.